$50 A MONTH
Here’s a quick breakdown of what I provide for my business clients. Business sites typically require more maintenance and attention than personal and band sites, so they cost a little more. The personal attention you’ll receive from me is well worth the extra cost. I’ll always be there when you have a quick question or if there’s a crisis in your business and you need an immediate update or upgrade on your web site. Please drop me a line for a quote or to ask any questions you might have about service details.
One Time Set-up Fee: $50
Monthly Hosting Fee: $50
Domain Registration (optional): $20 [/box]
Here’s how it works. You are responsible for your own content, meaning that you have to write your own material. I can’t add posts or images for you, but I will help if you run into any troubles. What I provide is set-up and hosting. All material posted to your web site will be posted by you through the WordPress interface. Of course, I’ll be glad to answer questions until you get up to speed. But if you’ve never used WordPress before, you’ll be surprised by how flexible and easy to use it is.
HERE’S A BREAK-DOWN OF WHAT I PROVIDE
- Web site set-up (installation of WordPress, provided plug-ins, statistics code, SQL database and domain integration – everything you need for your business web site to function and thrive).
- Web site hosting
- 10 e-mail accounts
- Weekly web site traffic reports delivered via e-mail
- WordPress maintenance and updates
- Plug-in installation, maintenance and updates
- Theme installation (should you find a preferable theme, I’ll install it)
- Code modifications as necessary (to make themes work just like you want them to). Please note that this is not the same thing as writing custom code. This is tweaking existing code, not writing new code from scratch. Custom work will have to be commissioned at a fixed rate.
- Mobile device integration via a responsive theme. Your web site will adapt to whichever device your customers view it with, whether that’s a PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Technical assistance, advice and friendly encouragement as needed
- Domain Registration – If you have not registered your domain, I’ll be glad to do it for you for a $20 fee. This covers the cost of the domain itself and my fee for setting it up with my registrar. You will own your domain and I will gladly transfer your domain to any other registrar upon your request. Please note that this is a recurring fee of $20 per year per domain.
THEMES INSTALLED & MAINTAINED
- We have a number of themes to choose from. Based on our initial contact, I’ll make recommendations, and we can go from there to find just the right theme for your business. Visit the Themes Archive to see demos of some of the themes I like to use. Of course, if you already have a WordPress theme in mind, I’ll be glad to install it for you as part of your initial set-up.
PLUG-INS INSTALLED & MAINTAINED
- Woo-Commerce – WooCommerce is a free, powerful, extendable eCommerce plugin that helps you sell anything. Beautifully. If you sell merchandise, it’ll come in handy.
- Akismet – Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- WordPress SEO – The WordPress SEO plugin is the first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
- WP-BlackCheck – An Anti-Spam Solution for WordPress blocking spam using local detection and a centralized Blacklist Service.
- Contact Form – Allows you to add a feedback form easilly and simply to a post or a page, and supports multiple contact forms.
- Hupso Share Buttons – Add simple social sharing buttons to your articles. Your visitors will be able to easily share your content on the most popular social networks.
- Nextgen Gallery – A fully integrated image gallery plugin for WordPress with dozens of options and features.
- WP Table – Enables you to create and manage tables, without having to write HTML code. Much easier than trying to build tables within WordPress posts and pages themselves.
- YouTube with Fancy Zoom – A media viewing application that supports webs most popular YouTube video. Provides a media page which will display all videos from a YouTube page, which is updated automatically when you add new videos to your YouTube channel.
Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or I’ve left anything out. I look forward to working with you!
~ Wicasta Lovelace